CRYOTHERAPY & MUSCLE RECOVERY SERVICES NY & NJ
PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT
AN IN DEPTH DESCRIPTION OF WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE 3 MINUTE CRYOTHERAPY PROCESS
The cryochamber is cooled using liquid nitrogen to lower the client’s skin surface temperature by 30-50 for over 2-3 minutes. The clients are not in direct contact with the gas, they breathe room air. Exposure to the extreme temperature stimulates the regulatory functions of the body. It also triggers the release of anti-inflammatory molecules and endorphins (naturally occurring chemicals in the brain which is involved in reducing and eliminating pain and enhancing pleasure). A session takes about 2-3 minutes.
You may experience a ‘pins and needles’ sensation toward the end of the session which will immediately disappear after the procedure. The mood-enhancing effects of the release of the endorphins during the procedure may last several hours to several days. It may take several sessions to maximize the therapeutic effects of this procedure.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- The door of the chamber is not locked, clients may exit at any time during the procedure
- Client should not step into the machine with wet clothing as water freezes immediately upon exposure to this cold temperature
- Clients are required to wear underwear, gloves, socks, and slippers
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- No jewelry can be worn while in the cryotherapy chamber
- Please do not come immediately after a workout drenched in sweat
- Women: sports bras are preferred in the cryochamber otherwise bras with underwire can not be worn in the chamber
WHOLE BODY CRYOTHERAPY
Studies have revealed that cryotherapy triggers a chain of reactions that promote overall body health. When cooled abruptly, the body’s surface nerves trigger responses from the brain that cause the flow of blood from the outer portions of the body towards the joints and internal organs. This leads to an improved circulation of nutrient-rich, oxygenated blood to all parts of the body especially the vital organs.
Vasoconstriction and vasodilation of the skin’s blood vessels occur during and after cryotherapy respectively. This causes the breakdown and flushing out of toxins within the skin layers. Collagen production is also activated in the deeper layers of the skin by the hyper-cooling process and this together with detoxification leaves the skin healthier and firmer.
BENEFITS IN 3 PRIMARY SETTINGS
SPORTS AND FITNESS+
- Decrease muscle soreness, pain, and inflammation
- Reduces delayed onset muscle soreness (doms)
- Increase energy and peak athletics
- Allows for immediate post-therapy sports activity
- Allows more intense and higher volume training
- Boosts lymph draining and blood circulation
- Improves muscle strength and joint function
HEALTH AND WELLNESS+
- Muscle pain & inflammation
- Depression & mood disorders
- Immune system improvement
- Inflammation of tendons, bursa, joints capsules
- Delayed onset muscle soreness
- Central nervous system disease
- Degenerative disease of joints & spine
BEAUTY AND SPA+
- Cellulite reduction
- Tighter and healthier skin
- Stronger and fuller hair & nails
- Fewer skin blemishes
- Increased metabolism & caloric burn
- Increased collagen production
- Quicker surgical recovery
Unlike whole body cryotherapy, which uses a cryotherapy chamber, local cryotherapy uses a small, handheld device that applies freezing cold air to our client’s specific pain areas or face. The treatment only takes 12 minutes to complete and leaves the client with benefits that far exceed what traditional icing can provide. Whether you are looking to improve physical performance, reduce wrinkles, or relieve pain or inflammation, our local cryotherapy machine is available to our athletes and others alike!
Local cryotherapy can be used in conjunction with whole body cryotherapy if the client is facing a particular kind of injury or trouble area. This is common in athletes who have sustained an injury, or anyone who has sustained sprain or muscle pull, or is recovering from surgery.
Local cryotherapy is commonly applied to:
- Tighter Skin: stimulates collagen production; reduces fine lines & wrinkles; reduces pore size;
- Deep Cleanse: flushes out toxins; reduces irritation & puffiness for a clearer complexion
- Fast & Effective: immediate effects from a simple & relaxing procedure; results last for up to 7 days
A cryofacial is a non-invasive technique that uses cold temperatures to cool down your skin. The cold temperature instantly causes your skin to tighten, which helps fill in wrinkles and close your pores. It only takes 12 minutes to complete the process and results are quickly visible. If you have inflammation in your face or slight sunspots or other blemishes, this special facial can reduce both since it promotes better circulation.
Cryo facials can provide benefits such as:
NORMATEC RECOVERY SYSTEM &
In addition to muscle recovery, cryo central offers additional muscle recovery services that compliment either cryotherapy service. By combing cryotherapy with these additional services, your body will be in top shape to perform better or provide relief for your achy body. Check out how normatec recovery and our inversion table can help you!
NORMATEC RECOVERY SYSTEM+
The Normatec Pulse Recovery System uses dynamic compression and patented pulse technology to help athletes recover from training sessions faster. The technology was created by a physician bioengineer to help increase blood flow to help aid recovery. The pulse massage pattern has 3 techniques that speed recovery:
Pulsing: the patented pulsing action mimics the muscle pump of the legs and arms which enhances the movement of fluid throughout the limbs after a strenuous workout
Gradients: normatec pulse uses hold pressures to prevent tapering pressure off to deliver maximum pressure in every zone desired
Distal Release: sequential pulse technology releases hold pressures once they are no longer needed to prevent backflow. Long periods of static pressure can be harmful to the body’s circulatory flow, so the cycles of pressure and rest time help the limbs gain maximum recovery.
- Eases back pains by realigning your spine
- Improves your posture and flexibility
- Increase in blood flow and oxygen circulation
- Reduce headaches by reducing muscle spasms in your shoulders and neck
- Strengthen the ligaments in your bones through increased collagen content
Inversion therapy requires clients to lie on an inversion table where they are turned upside down for a couple of minutes. This treatment takes gravitational pressure off the client’s nerves and disks in the spine to increase the space between the vertebrae. Inversion therapy offers an alternative method to help stretch the spine and try to alleviate back pains. Doctors, physical therapists, and trainers around the world have already proven that this therapy has worked and offers amazing benefits. This treatment is not recommended for clients with high blood pressure, glaucoma or heart disease.
Time Pain Management
Reduction in Stress
Improved Sleep Pattern
Healthier Skin Complexion